COMPETITIONS & EVENTS: Inventing Entrepreneurs
Rules & Procedures
- Entries must be the original work of the entrants and may be entered by a single student or multi-student team.
- Team representatives are expected to attend all Innovation Competition events.
- Please fill out the IE Application Form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 pm on April 4th. NO PAPER COPIES WILL BE ACCEPTED. All documents must include current contact information: Company Name, Contact Name, Phone Number and Email Address.
- In the likely event that there are more entries than can be included in the event, a preliminary round of evaluation will be conducted by UCF faculty to select a maximum of 8 entries for the event.
- All contestants are expected to compete with integrity and shall not knowingly deceive judges or members of the selection committee. All presented material shall be offered as an accurate representation of your knowledge and expectations, and shall not contain false or misleading statements. Contestants who violate this expectation of integrity are subject to disqualification and revocation of awards.
- The organizers of the innovation competition reserve the right to disqualify any entry that in its judgment violates the spirit of the competition guidelines.
The event will include a maximum of 8 entries with 8 minutes allocated to each presentation. The first 5 minutes of the presentation are used to demonstrate the innovation of the prototype with the remaining minutes allocated to questions from the judges’ panel. Functioning prototypes are preferred, but we will consider entries with non-functioning “looks like” prototypes accompanied by a description of how it functions.
The timing of the event will proceed as follows:
- 1:30-2:00 – Participant and Judge Check In
- 2:00-3:30 – Presentations
- 3:30-4:00 – Judges Deliberate and Announce Winners
- 4:00-5:00 – Reception and Networking